If you get killed you have probably done something wrong. And it’s probably not our fault.
Pocket Ox LLC Limited Warranty
Pocket Ox LLC. warrants to the original purchaser that Pocket Ox LLC manufactured products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. This express warranty and all implied warranties imposed by law are limited to one-year duration from the date of original purchase. In the event of such a defect during the warranty period, Pocket Ox LLC agrees, at its option, to repair or replace the product returned under warranty. This warranty does not apply to any damage caused by misuse, neglect, accident, exhibition, improper application or installation, or to any damage caused by any repair or attempted repair not authorized by Pocket Ox LLC. No further warranties exist or are implied by Pocket Ox LLC. Due the complexities of all aspects of rigging and the inherent dangers of lifting and moving heavy objects each situation has its own unique conditions. These conditions and risks can only be evaluated by those present. Associates of Pocket Ox LLC the makers of the Pocket Ox mini hoist or the suppliers and manufacturers of it’s individual components cannot be liable for injuries, deaths, property damage or other consequences of use. It will be assumed that the users of these devices will be competent adults preforming tasks in which risks can be reduced only through the skill, experience, and judgment of the individual participants. Users are solely responsible for determining whether any product is fit for a particular application. This limited warranty holds that Pocket Ox LLC shall not be liable for, any incidental, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages arising out of the breach of the express or implied warranties on sales by Pocket Ox LLC or otherwise. This limited warranty in no way limits or alters other manufacturers’ warranties on products that are sold or distributed by Pocket Ox LLC. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts nor the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Please Read These Important Warnings
Many of the activities for which Pocket Ox LLC products may be used pose a very substantial risk of serious injury or death. Be certain you carefully review all of the following information.
Products manufactured and sold by Pocket Ox LLC are intended for use by competent adults experienced in the use, inspection, and maintenance of these products. All individuals using Pocket Ox products must have the same professional level of skill or be closely supervised.
Technical rescue, rappelling, climbing, confined space work, and the training involved are very hazardous activities. Each situation has its own unique conditions and must be evaluated by those present. Effective risk management comes from experience, proper training, and good personal judgment.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY: Pocket Ox LLC is not liable for any damages arising from use of the equipment, failure to follow adequate safety precautions, or breach of the duty of either the purchaser or user. Adequate experience and judgment are needed to reduce the risks inherent in the use of this equipment. Since these risks are out of the control of Pocket Ox LLC , the liability shifts to the user and purchaser.
DUTY OF PURCHASER AND USER: It is the responsibility of the purchaser and the user of the products manufactured by Pocket Ox LLC to:
- Review instructions and labels and follow them. If you do not have a copy of the instructions request a copy from Pocket Ox LLC e-mail info@PocketOx.com
- Inspect the product immediately after purchase and before and after each use. Damaged devices should be taken out of service until repaired by a competent individual. Repair instructions and parts are available at PocketOx.com as are Return for Factory Service options.
- Review notes on proper use, appropriate techniques and risk management. If you are not competent in the use of the product, do not use it.
- Determine if the product is suitable for its intended use and that it meets all applicable standards and regulations.
- Use good judgment and do not exceed the limitations of the user’s skill or of the equipment
- Use adequate safety precautions including belays and backup systems. Practice risk management at all times.
- Do not alter the product in any way. Repairs must be done only according to the manufacturer’s instructions or returned to the manufacturer for repair. Alterations may void warranty.
- If the purchaser is not the user of the product, the purchaser must provide each user with a copy of this notice and the product instructions. If additional copies of this notice, or the product instructions are needed, they can be obtained from Pocket Ox LLC.
INSPECTION: Each department involved in rescue operations is expected to have a policy for inspecting and or testing high-angle life-support equipment. Inspection should be no less than after each use and inspections must be done by personnel that meet the department’s training standards. Each user should be trained in equipment inspection and should do a cursory inspection prior to each use.